Are you dressing up this year?

All Hallows' Eve, known today as Halloween has roots in Christianity and Paganism celebrating the souls of dead. Today's customs of putting on costumes, children going door-to-door saying "Trick or Treat", and even putting candles inside carved pumpkins are traditions that have been developed over time. Evil spirits are able to take revenge on those who they were angry with on this night, so people disguised themselves so the ghosts could not find them. Children went around the town to collect soul cakes, and families guided the spirits of their loved ones home with candles.

Are you dressing up this year?

Postby RobKluver » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:20 am

October is here, and you know what that means. Trick-or-Treat time is just around the corner. The store shelves are fully stocked with expensive candy (anyone else notice its been going up year after year?) and I finally finished off the candy from last year with the help of my 3 boys. Truth be told, I don't have to get dressed up, I am an adult, and a daddy which means I get to "inspect" and control all the candy my boys rake in again this year. But, dressing up for Halloween is simply a fun thing to do.

When I do dress up I try to be original. The one year when I went as pumpkin head, I wore a real pumpkin on my head. It was heavy and even though it was snowing out, I was sweating pretty bad in there, never mind the fact that my peripheral vision was totally screwed.

This year I completely lost. I have no idea what I will dress up as. I need your help. Do you have any ideas for a cool, original costume?
RobKluver
President
President

Re: Are you dressing up this year?

Postby PaulL » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:40 pm

I have the perfect costume for you. i say you can go as a mouse not a furry mouse but a computer mouse this way we can still push your buttons on Halloween i have a diagram in my head. looks good of course in my head a lot of ideas look good till i try to implement them
PaulL
Mayor
Mayor

Return to Halloween